For better viewing of the blog, use Firefox. Interested in buying The Most Trendy Girls' & Guys' Clothes? USA Clothes click below the logo Simply click here. Just click it link and it will auto pop up a menu for you to save. You are able to see all the Contents in my blog through the RSS. Click me!!! If you like this blog about Singapore SGX, do feel free to stay longer to read. There will be updates done once a few days or maybe daily. If you like my blog, please support me by intro to more of your friends and also intro to your girl or guy friends to my girlfriend's sales of clothes blog which u can simply click here.
My new blog is at http://cool79stocks.blogspot.com which I will be updated with charts on counters and indices. Over at this blog I will be updating news n learns for FA n TA.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

STI 05/09/07

Daily Updates

US Dow Jones* +91.12
US NASDAQ* +33.88
Nikkei -11.96
STI Up!
HSI

*- Closing Figures

Morning,

US markets closed higher despite lackluster economic reports as investors look forward to an interest cut on Sept 18. Even with this recent drop in the stock market, US still trading up 7+% for the year. All eyes will be on the rate cut the following week; it’ll be volatile starting from next week as investor start to speculate on how much the rate will be cut by.

We were flat locally and regionally yesterday as we wait for more signals from US. US strong closing yesterday helped boost our sentiment and our market railed today, the STI index now is not accurately reflecting the correct value.

Local news will not be in concern for the next few days as we will be taking our cue from US. Though the sentiment now is decent, I would sell on profit and buy on weakness. Again I do not think the US market can recover in such a short period of time.

For the next few weeks, banks will be in the limelight, as Fed’s decision will indirectly affect them. Today will be a good example to sell strong in morning and buy back in afternoon if you wish. Shipping counters have been moving up due to freight price increase, but its cyclical and may drop as much in the later months as well. As previously said, I would lower my exposure to 50% and hold more cash as I wait for the Fed’s decision.

Also for those intending to buy into the HK market, China has some rumor that suggest it would be delaying the launch, as it would not benefit the China investor at its current valuations. What I expect is, they will only let the funds flow in after HK get hit from the global crunch, that is if it happens.

Chat Room


Any request of counters you can post in the chatbox, I will do an analyse for u when I see the msg